The Futures and Options Internship Program provides New York City students with critical work-readiness training and the opportunity to gain firsthand work experience as interns with a dynamic range of business partners. At the same time, the Internship Program introduces these business partners to a pipeline of promising, motivated and diverse young men and women who make meaningful contributions to their business, while training to become the leaders of tomorrow.
Futures and Options interns work in paid, mentored internships that best match their skills and interests. After submitting the online application, applicants interview with Futures and Options program coordinators. Applicants who are accepted into the Internship Program will also interview with supervisors at our business partners for specific internship positions. In some cases, applicants may interview at several businesses for different internship opportunities.
If you are hired as a Futures and Options intern, you must be prepared to:
1) Work the required number of hours.
- After School interns: 10 - 15 hours a week. Interns are not expected to work more than 15 hours a week.
- Summer interns: 20 - 35 hours a week.
2) Arrive at work on time each day dressed in the appropriate attire.
- Work schedules are determined by business site needs and the intern's school schedule.
- Appropriate attire is dependent on the business site's culture and supervisor guidelines.
3) Attend regularly scheduled career-readiness workshops and career exploration field trips.
- Learn skills needed to be successful in the workplace.
- Share ideas and learn from your peers who are interns at different businesses.
- Build your professional network.
Before you start the Internship Program's application, it is recommended that you read the How To Apply page.
If you have any questions, please call a Futures and Options program coordinator at 212.601.0002.
Applications for the Internship Program are now being accepted. The application can be found here.
Please be aware that in order to complete the application, you will need to upload your transcript and resume.