The application for Spring 2022 is now open! The deadline to apply is January 28th, 2022.
Students in the Futures and Options Career Essentials Program participate in 13 supervised workshops that focus on communication, presentation and workplace etiquette skills. Career Essentials High School is open to any high school student who resides in the five boroughs of New York City. Students have the opportunity to network with and learn from fellow peers from different boroughs and schools.
In order to enroll in the program, interested students must complete an online application and must attend a group interview at the Futures and Options office or virtually. Interested students should provide an email address that they check regularly on the application.
Please contact Shakina Kirton at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Futures and Options office at 212-601-0002 if you have any questions.
The Spring/Summer Internship Program application is now open! Click here to apply by the March 4th deadline.
The Futures and Options Internship Program provides New York City students with critical work-readiness training and the opportunity to gain firsthand work experience as interns with a dynamic range of business partners. At the same time, the Internship Program introduces these business partners to a pipeline of promising, motivated and diverse young men and women who make meaningful contributions to their business, while training to become the leaders of tomorrow.
Futures and Options interns work in paid, mentored internships that best match their skills and interests. After submitting the online application, applicants interview with Futures and Options program coordinators. Applicants who are accepted into the Internship Program will also interview with supervisors at our business partners for specific internship positions. In some cases, applicants may interview at several businesses for different internship opportunities. Due to COVID-19, all interviews will take place virtually.
If you are hired as a Futures and Options intern, you must be prepared to:
1) Work the required number of hours.
- After School interns: 10 - 15 hours a week. Interns are not expected to work more than 15 hours a week.
- Summer interns: 20 - 35 hours a week.
2) Virtually arrive at work on time each day dressed in the appropriate attire.
- Work schedules are determined by business site needs and the intern's school schedule.
- Appropriate attire is dependent on the business site's culture and supervisor guidelines.
3) Virtually Attend regularly scheduled career-readiness workshops and career exploration field trips.
- Learn skills needed to be successful in the workplace.
- Share ideas and learn from your peers who are interns at different businesses.
- Build your professional network.
If you are interested in applying, please follow the steps below:
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply:
- Are you a high school student living in New York City?
- Are you 16 or older?
- Are you currently in 11th or 12th grade (beginning September 2021)?
- Do you exit school by 2:30 pm? (school year only)
- Does your schedule allow you to work 10-15 hours a week after school (not weekends)?
2. If you meet the eligibility requirements above, complete the Internship Program application and upload your resume and transcript as requested at the end of the application.
3. After submitting your application, Please use this link to submit your Letter of Recommendation. You can also share the link with your recommender to upload directly. https://www.tfaforms.com/4886989
4. If you are selected for the next stage of the application process, you will be invited for a one-on-one interview with a Futures and Options program coordinator. Please be prepared to submit working papers.
- Your social security card (or a copy)
- Your school identification card
- A photo ID
Please contact Shakina Kirton at email@example.com or call (212) 601-0002 with any questions.
Futures and Options
120 Broadway, Suite 1019
New York, NY 10271