How To Apply
The Core Internship Program accepts applications on a rolling basis.
If you are interested in applying, please follow the steps below:
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply:
- Are you a high school student living in New York City?
- Are you 16 or older?
- Are you currently in 11th or 12th grade (beginning September 2017)?
- Do you exit school by 2:30 pm?
- Does your schedule allow you to work 10-15 hours a week after school (not weekends)?
2. If you meet the eligibility requirements above, complete the Internship Application here and upload your resume as requested at the end of the application. You will immediately receive an email confirming that we received your application.
3. You will be contacted within two weeks regarding a group interview. On the day of the group interview, please dress professionally and bring a photo ID with you.
4. If you are selected for the next stage of the application process, you will be invited for a one-on-one interview with a Futures and Options program coordinator. Please bring the following items with you to your interview:
- The Student Agreement signed by you and your parent or guardian (download here)
- A copy of your most recent transcript
- One letter of recommendation from a teacher or advisor
- Your current working papers (if under the age of 18)
- Your social security card (or a copy)
- Your school identification card
- A photo ID
Please contact James Gurney or call (212) 601-0002 with any questions.
We are no longer accepting applications for the 2017 Spring Career Essentials program. The application will open in September for our Fall program.