Good for your business. Good for New York.
Support a motivated student's career development and help build a pipeline for the future in three steps:
1) Identify a team or individual as the intern's supervisor
2) Develop a job description for the internship (Should you need it, Futures and Options can help craft a job description)
3) Connect with Futures and Options to discuss payroll, set your hiring timeline, and meet your dedicated site monitor.
Who are the students in the internship program?
Futures and Options interns are New York City junior and senior high school students.
What does an internship look like?
- As an employer partner, you offer a paid internship for at least ten hours per week during the school year, or at least 25 hours per week during summer months, or both.
- Interns commit to attending Futures and Options career development workshops through the course of the internship.
- Students are hand-matched with an internship site after they have successfully completed the Futures and Options application and a rigorous screening process.
- Partners interview and select qualified candidates, and assign them to supervisors who are eager to work with and mentor young people.
What does Futures and Options provide?
- Pre-screening and work-readiness training for all interns to ensure that the interns you hire will be workplace ready.
- Orientation for your employees; Futures and Options facilitators will share their expertise in youth workforce development and best practices.
- On-site or virtual meetings to make it easy for you to develop job descriptions and conceive projects that will benefit both your business and your interns.
- Support for supervisors/mentors as well as for the interns.
- Payroll processing for interns, if your business requires it.
- Link here to our Supervisor Handbook
Who are current Futures and Options Employer Partners?
Click here to view a list of our current employer partners hiring Futures and Options interns.
How do I learn more about becoming a Futures and Options Internship Partner?
- Take a moment to complete our Business Partner Questionnaire, which will familiarize us with your business needs so we can better match you with an intern.
- Call Futures and Options at 212-601-0002 to arrange an individual consultation.