Job Description: Futures and Options is seeking an enthusiastic, energetic alumni engagement coordinator as part of our expanding program team. The alumni engagement coordinator will work closely with our team to open the doors for underserved youth to achieve meaningful professional careers and provide the business community with a trained, educated and diverse young workforce. Specifically, the alumni engagement coordinator will develop strong relationships with alumni of our flagship programs in order to increase our high school and college students' engagement in programmatic offerings and help them matriculate to and succeed in college and postsecondary education and work towards our ultimate goal of a stable professional career.
Responsibilities will include collaborating with the executive director, the program director, and other members of the program team to develop and implement a comprehensive alumni engagement strategy that supports our alumni from high school through post-secondary education, and on to careers with family-sustaining income levels. The alumni engagement coordinator will be responsible for:
- Working with program team to ensure students' seamless transition from flagship programs into appropriate alumni programs
- Develop a plan to recruit the designated number of student participants to our high school and college programs
- Provide alumni participants with personalized guidance, information, and reminders about program events
- Deliver phone-based and in-person supports for high school F+O alumni, supporting them as they prepare for and tackle issues related to college applications, financial aid, and college matriculation
- Deliver phone-based and in-person supports for college F+O alumni as they adjust to the demands of freshman year, choose their courses, select their majors, seek internships and jobs, and determine their career paths after graduation
- Track students participation, education progress, and job history
- Work with business partners and volunteers to provide interactive career-readiness opportunities for students to practice and hone their skills, explore career opportunities, and build professional networks.