Job Description: Futures and Options is seeking an enthusiastic, energetic alumni engagement coordinator as part of our expanding program team. The alumni engagement coordinator will work closely with our team to open the doors for underserved youth to achieve meaningful professional careers and provide the business community with a trained, educated and diverse young workforce. Specifically, the alumni engagement coordinator will develop strong relationships with alumni of our flagship programs in order to increase our high school and college students' engagement in programmatic offerings and help them matriculate to and succeed in college and postsecondary education and work towards our ultimate goal of a stable professional career.
Responsibilities will include collaborating with the executive director, the program director, and other members of the program team to develop and implement a comprehensive alumni engagement strategy that supports our alumni from high school through post-secondary education, and on to careers with family-sustaining income levels. The alumni engagement coordinator will be responsible for:
- Working with program team to ensure students' seamless transition from flagship programs into appropriate alumni programs
- Develop a plan to recruit the designated number of student participants to our high school and college programs
- Provide alumni participants with personalized guidance, information, and reminders about program events
- Deliver phone-based and in-person supports for high school F+O alumni, supporting them as they prepare for and tackle issues related to college applications, financial aid, and college matriculation
- Deliver phone-based and in-person supports for college F+O alumni as they adjust to the demands of freshman year, choose their courses, select their majors, seek internships and jobs, and determine their career paths after graduation
- Track students participation, education progress, and job history
- Work with business partners and volunteers to provide interactive career-readiness opportunities for students to practice and hone their skills, explore career opportunities, and build professional networks.
Job Description: Futures and Options has experienced tremendous growth in the last several years, and is seeking several enthusiastic and energetic Assistant Program Coordinators to work closely with our team to provide opportunities for underserved high school youth. Our program team works to expose students to meaningful professional careers and provide the business community with an experienced, educated and diverse young workforce. The Assistant Program Coordinator will bring an understanding of the principles and practices of positive youth development, and will help students gain critical work-readiness skills that will prepare them for future professional and academic opportunities.
The Assistant Program Coordinator is expected to work part time in April and May, and full time in June, July, and August. Hourly commitments are outlined below, alongside key responsibilities. Assistant Program Coordinators are expected to work until August 24th; opportunities to work past August 24th may be available.
Key Responsibilities: The Assistant Program Coordinator will provide support to Futures and Options' program team in the following areas and according to the following timeline:
April: 10-15 hours per week, preferably after 2:00 PM
- Review student applications, conduct group and individual interviews, provide feedback to students on interview performance and resumes, and select candidates for the Summer 2018 Internship Program.
- Observe and assist with the facilitation of work-readiness workshops.
May: 15-25 hours per week, preferably after 2:00 PM
- Match students to jobs that align with their skill levels and career interests
- Facilitate pre-internship training's on program expectations, resume-writing, interview skills, and general workplace etiquette.
- Collect employment paperwork from students to ensure enrollment in payroll systems for program.
June: 25-40 hours per week
- Prepare students for their on-site interviews through resume feedback and interview. coaching; work with supervisors to arrange interns' work schedules for the summer
- Continue to facilitate pre-internship training's.
- Assist in the design of career development and exploration activities to be implemented after program launch in July
July-August: 35-40 hours per week
- Co-lead weekly career development workshops and training's with fellow program staff members.
- Visit internship sites to gauge student progress and collect feedback from business partners.
- Monitor interns' progress through communication with on-site supervisors and interns.
- Build and maintain relationships with program participants and business partners.
- Provide support and coordination for other tasks and projects requested by the program coordinators.
- Assist in the collection, entry and analysis of program data.
Job Description: The Business Engagement Coordinator will be a vital member of our program team and will support the expansion of Futures and Options' network of business partners, which include small, mid-size and multi-national businesses, nonprofits, and government agencies. Strong partnerships provide the investment, support and workplace opportunities that allow Futures and Options to run its youth career development programs, which include Career Essentials, a work-readiness training program for middle and high school students, and the Internship Program.
The Business Engagement Coordinator will be primarily responsible for recruiting New York City organizations to partner with Futures and Options in preparing youth for the 21st Century workforce. Partner organizations contribute to Futures and Options by: 1) providing hands-on work experiences for students through the Internship Program; 2) enhancing Futures and Options' work-readiness trainings by sharing their expertise and resources; 3) hosting career exploration field trips; and 4) providing volunteers as mentors and career coaches.
- In collaboration with Business Engagement Manager, Program Director, and Executive Director, support the development and implementation of a comprehensive business engagement strategy that aligns with Futures and Options' mission and goals for growth, including increasing year-over-year retention of Internship Program partner sites with wage-subsidized interns.
- Monitor the business engagement strategy using short- and long-term metrics.
- Cultivate and recruit business partners via research, referrals, cold calling, emailing and networking events to provide wage-subsidized internships to Futures and Options students.
- Assist with coordinating activities of the Board of Directors' Business Partnership Committee.
- Manage and support relationships with Futures and Options' partners and prospects, including acting as the primary liaison between business partners and the program team, assisting with introductions, support, logistics and follow up, as needed.
- Work closely with the program team to learn about the needs, interests and skills of the students to inform partner recruitment.
- Work closely with partners and industry representatives to learn about the needs and the skills required for interns to be productive employees, and to inform work-readiness curriculum.
Job Description: The program assistant will be an integral part of the Futures and Options team, working closely with our program coordinators to ensure organized and efficient delivery of our career development programs. The program assistant will handle a wide range of support responsibilities, which include general administrative tasks, primarily related to our programming, and database support. We are seeking candidates who believe in our mission and thrive in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment. The major responsibilities for this position are:
- Track incoming student applications, schedule group and one-on-one interviews, and manage communication between applicants and Futures and Options.
- Enter and maintain student, school and internship site information.
- Enter, maintain, and analyze program evaluation data.
- Oversee interns' timesheets: track, follow-up, review, and tally hours.
- Contribute to ongoing program development by designing and implementing data collection systems, especially as related to application tracking and intern payroll procedures; provide training and support to Program staff on new systems.
- Preparing materials for career development workshops and events.
- Maintain and update program calendars.
- Manage reception responsibilities, including answering phones and greeting guests.
- Manage program supply inventory.
- Coordinate logistics for meetings and schedule and confirm appointments.
- Monitor and maintain appearance of office.
- Assist with maintenance of office equipment (printers, copier, postage machine, phones).
- Provide support and coordination for other tasks and projects as requested by program team.
Job Description: Futures and Options is seeking two enthusiastic and energetic program coordinators as part of our expanding program team. Program coordinators work closely with our team to open the doors for underserved middle school and high school youth to achieve meaningful professional careers and provide the business community with a trained, educated and diverse young workforce. The program coordinators will bring an understanding of the principles and practice of positive youth development. Specifically, the program coordinators will develop strong relationships with our youth and partners in the New York City business, education and nonprofit communities, and implement our career development and college guidance programs.
Key Responsibilities: Responsibilities will include implementing Futures and Options' career development and college guidance programs, working closely with students, school and business partners, alumni and volunteers to ensure success in achieving program goals and grant objectives; and various administrative responsibilities, which include database management, outcome measurements and tracking, and reporting. The Program Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Cultivating and maintaining a network of partner schools and community-based organizations.
- Recruiting middle and high school students for the various Futures and Options career development programs, which serve students of different skill levels and career interests.
- Reviewing student applications and conducting group and individual interviews to select candidates for the career development programs.
- Matching students to jobs that align with their abilities and career interests; preparing students for their on-site interviews through resume feedback and interview coaching; working with supervisors to arrange interns' work schedules; and monitoring interns' progress through communication with on-site supervisors and interns.
- Planning, preparing and facilitating career development and work-readiness workshops for Futures and Options' programs.
- Building and maintaining relationships with each program participant.
- Designing and implementing appropriate career development and exploration activities, e.g., field trips to businesses, mentoring programs and other enrichment activities.
- Completing pre- and post-experience testing, evaluations and reports in timely fashion.