Why We're Successful
Futures and Options is unique because youth career development is our primary focus. We dedicate one hundred percent of our resources to achieving excellence in this area.
Through career readiness, exploration, paid internships and college guidance, Futures and Options seeks to help a specific population: Underserved youth in middle and high school. Our clear programmatic focus makes for efficient, highly effective program management.
Our advantages include:
- A program model providing one-on-one support and attention for both students and business partners.
- Intensive organizational focus on preparing underserved youth for careers and guiding them to further their education.
- Flexibility to adapt our approach according to the unique needs of each student and company.
- Paid internships, which allow our students to earn money they need while they gain a sense of responsibility.
To enjoy student and alumni success stories, click here.
What We've Accomplished
- 490 youth received invaluable career readiness training from Futures and Options.
- 99% of our seniors graduated from high school in four years.
- 94% of these graduating seniors went on to pursue higher education.
- We partnered with 151 private and nonprofit businesses to offer internships and career exploration field trips.
- We worked with 93 New York City high schools in recruiting students for the program.
For more information on our programs, click here.